Chosen header1

Friday, December 29, 2006

 

British soldier killed by roadside bomb!


Read this How many is enough?

I stand here in the uniform they gave me when I joined
I was the one who run to sign the papers and serve my country
Now I am in a far off land that I cannot pronounce the name of
And I wonder,is it my war?Is it my fight? Should I really be here?
Then I remember why I ran so fast,I wanted to make my mother proud
I wanted to stand up for her rights,I wanted to be the hero of the hour
And add my name to others who did so before me
And I am at peace,I am where I should be,Doing what I am supposed to do
Wearing the clothes that are my second skin now
And I am proud to be the person I was trained to be
I will not hide away when faced by those who do not believe as I
But I will stand and look them in the eye and let them know
When they were sat in the comfort of their home
That I was there,And made a difference

Anne-Marie Spittle

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?