Chosen header1

Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

Lt Tom Tanswell killed in Iraq


Read this

To look into a soldiers eyes, the window to their soul
Look out from the inside of their mind and see horrors never told
You say we are just killers, its not that plain you see
Take a walk inside my boots, and see what I have seen
Many innocent lives taken, and soldiers there were some
Giving their lives freely to get the job done
The last cold stare of death, we see in our buddies eyes
They fought for all your freedom, this is why we die
Some wonder why we fight to protect the nation, and maybe lose our life
Ask this question to a soldier, the answers in his eyes
Always we will be here waiting, the call we wont deny
We'll always fight for freedom, never asking why
We'll go away to far off lands, leaving our loved ones behind
Many times we are alone, several times inside
Open the windows to our souls, see the tears we hide
Secrets we cannot keep, are in a soldiers eyes

Comments:
Thank you

He is my brother, my parents and I wish to thank all those who have shown us such support at this most difficult time.

He died leading from the front and doing a job he loved. He was a wonderful brother, son, soldier and friend.

To all those serving in Iraq we send our support and hope you all come home safely soon.

We will not forget,

Kate Tanswell
 
Mr T (as we called him) was a superb leader . he was my commander in iraq . he was always there for the lads in his team . we gave him alot of stick but he gave it back just as much...he will be fairly missed . Ryan Cairns (cairnsy01@hotmail.co.uk)
 
I knew Tom from When we met at 16. He changed from a young man not knowing where to go in life, to the best person i ever knew with a great meaning to his life. We always promised that our lives should once again meet, when we were 40 and have a beer. I will miss him then. I can truley say that no-one has ever touche dmy life like Tom did. I miss you matey
Love Robin
 
I am an ex army senior NCO.

I agree with every word Scipio has written on this site.

I am now a mature student and have a web site it is

www.stayorleave.co.uk

Would you mind going onto my site and telling us what you think about the Iraq and Afghan war?

The comments will be shown at my end of year show.

Thank you for your help.

Roy
 
I knew Tom from Sandhurst. He was a decent and genuine man. I have huge support for the men but absolutely none for the war.
I think that the government should be more supportive of the army.
 
RIP Lietenant Tanswell - 12th Royal Artillery Regiment - 27 Oct 2006 - RIP - 'Once a Gunner' always 'Gunner 2022'
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?